Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Mayan Calendar

Way back in 1994 or maybe it was 1996, Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha introduced a group of us to the Tzolkin, a 260 day Mayan Calendar.  I was enthralled.  I immediately began to use the symbols and glyphs associated with the calendar.  The glyphs, of which there are 20, are what Grandmother called 'mantuas'.  The glyphs work with us as we work with them and draw us into the 4th dimension when we meditate with them and use them daily.

The Tzolkin calendar is alive and dimensional, as I would soon discover.

While looking through a newspaper I ran across a two-page advertisement about a holistic fair in Cleveland.  I immediately began scanning the faces that appeared on the page to find out who the speakers and presenters of workshops were.  One face literally jumped off the page at me, one I didn't recognize.  I looked closer at him and read his name - Christopher Emmer.  He was from Hawaii and he was doing a presentation and readings using (of all things!!!) the Mayan Calendar.  I just knew I was supposed to go talk with him.  I was so excited!

At the fair I found Christopher sitting at a desk waiting for his next appointment.  I booked my appointment with him and returned later.  I sat down and he immediately looked at something in front of him and said, "you're supposed to be here".  I said, "I know" very nonchalantly.  He said, with emphasis, "no, I said you're SUPPOSED to be here."  I got up real close to his face, looked deep into his eyes and said, "I KNOW".

He put all his regular books away and brought out some other books and said, "well, you need a whole different set of books!"  He then gave me a very in-depth reading using the Mayan calendar symbols and glyphs.  It was wonderful and I felt a very pleasant connection with Christopher.  I later found that he had something of mine before we even knew each other.  After speaking to him, I told him my Akbal glyph was missing and he said, "how odd, I have two Akbals in my deck!  One of them must be yours!"

Christopher later went on to give a presentation on the dimensional quality of the Mayan glyphs, which I attended.  While meditating as a group on one of the glyphs I found myself in a wormhole that dropped me smack dab in the center of the Universe, hanging out among the stars.  The Calendar presented me with this wonderful gift and for my trust and for showing up and I was ecstatic!  I love the Mayan Calendar!

In his book, The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness, Carl Johan Calleman gives in-depth information on the waves of Consciousness that have opened us to knowledge of the evolutionary wave of the Galactic Underworld.  Each of the evolutionary waves that have changed our spiritual consciousness came to do just that....evolve us spiritually.  I found this wonderful, thought provoking book through reading Barbara Hand Clow's book, The Mayan Code - Time Acceleration and Awakening the World Mind.

Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha gave us wonderful teachings on the Mayan Calendar, of which she has such an in-depth understanding I just want to take her head off and dump what she knows into my own head to make it easier and faster for me to take in all the implications of the calendar......Grandmother says to get off the Gregorian calendar because it is a calendar of hoplessness...it is a linear calendar and we are not a linear society.  Everything on this planet spirals, as does the Mayan Calendar.  If you look at a flower or a bird's nest or the rings of a tree trunk or a bee's nest, even our DNA!....everything in Nature spirals.  Portal days - spiral.  When we move through a portal it is much like moving through a wormhole where we meet ourselves coming and going.  Everything in Nature is circular and cyclical.

Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha also said something which stuck with me....I may not remember her exact words, but I know I have them written down somewhere in my 25 plus years of notes from her teachings, she said that, if we want to heal the rift between male and female that keeps us from understanding the (opposite) sexes, then get off the Gregorian Calendar and use the Mayan Calendar which will teach the men how to understand their feminine or spiritual qualities as it will teach the women about their male qualities. 

Somehow, I find great peace in that prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment