Monday, January 17, 2011

Journey to the Mojave Desert

Our journey to the Mojave in Northern Arizona began with me dropping a 50 pound suitcase on my foot.  It was then I learned why I needed the walking stick I decided I didn't need when I saw that I had one on my journey into spirit to see what the trip would bring, weeks before the trip began.

Is any of this making any sense??

Anyway, we got to the camp site which had been cleared of brush and anything else 'desert' so we had a clear spot to put our tents.  Good thing I brought an air mattress and pump.  The rocks were big and the air mattress was a good choice for the terrain.  The first day we were there turned into night quickly because we arrived late so many of us were setting up tents in the dark.  The night sky was like nothing I've seen before living in the Eastern State of Ohio all my life.  Generally there are trees blocking the night sky in every direction in Ohio.  Not so in Arizona!  In the desert, you can see for miles in all directions because there's nothing to block the view.  It's all flat and wide open.

We set up camp, built a sort of gathering/kitchen/eating area with plastic poles and tarps.  We each had an outdoor chair we picked up at the local five and dime and there was electric that we could hook up to.  Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha was orchestrating the proceedings and all was ordered and move fast as there were many hands working.

At one point, after all was set up and people were just milling around, I looked into the night sky toward the south.  Stars were abundant and so clear.  Something caught my eye amongst the tiny points of light and as I watched I could see a satellite moving from West to East.  Then, right in the area of the satellite making its slow crawl was another, slightly larger point of light moving North that caught my attention.  As I watched, two smaller lights appeared to break from the larger light in totally opposite directions and literally skipped, erratically, across the night sky.  They didn't go in straight lines away from the main point of light, they skipped as a stone skips across the waters of a pond,  jig jagging from the larger point of light in two opposite directions. 

I was relieved that they were so far away and not headed in our direction....

I brought this to the attention of Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha who was sitting close by.  She and others began to watch the skies and she replied that, indeed, there was much 'activity' this night.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment