Monday, August 2, 2010

Ok, Where's Steven Spielberg?

It was July 4th and Kim, my neighbor, and I were hanging over the back fence shooting the breeze when I happened to look up. It was about 9:15 p.m. and the sky was still a beautiful clear blue with not a cloud to be seen. Except for the two clouds I had just spotted. There was something very strange about these clouds, which caused me to stop all conversation and just stare. My mouth was probably hanging open. Not a pretty picture. Kim happened to notice.

"What are you looking at?" she queried.

"Look at those two clouds and tell me what you see, 'cause I'm not really believing what I'm seeing." I told her.

She looked in the direction and immediately said, "Oh, my God", very quietly, very much...'I don't believe it either' type oh my god.....

I began to look all around us, turning in every direction and just looking everywhere. Again, Kim noticing, asked, "what are you looking for?"

"Not 'what', I replied. "Whom". I'm looking for Steven Freaking Spielberg."

"Oh, yeah....he may be around here somewhere".

If Steven had been around, he would have filmed two once animated, talkative women who had become speechless as we looked toward the North at the two clouds drifting slowly by and low, just over the pines at the end of the property line. One following the other in a slow, easy escapade moving West to East. There was no breeze whatsoever on the ground. No wind. No breeze. Two clouds, one following the other, holding their identical shapes. Both with lightening in them.

Fireworks were just beginning to be heard in all the directions. They seemed to be early this year. Normally people wait until it is almost dark to set them off, but this year they could be heard while it was still light. Fireworks couldn't have held our attention the way those two clouds did.

The 'clouds' never broke up as clouds do when there is movement. Being there were no other clouds in the sky, we tracked their movement until they were out of sight.

Still not believing what we had seen, we speculated on what they could be. Of course 'alien' ships came to mind but we were kind of afraid to go there. "What could that lightening be caused by?" I asked. Kim didn't know.

I've always wanted to write to Steven Spielberg to ask him if he were visiting Medina, Ohio on July 4th to do some filming....I just never got around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment