Thursday, July 29, 2010

Assistance

I'm realizing a blog is an everyday affair and somewhere in a day I have to make time for it.

In order to do that I have to shorten my blogs, so here goes.

Took a drive to an area of the State (Ohio) that I've never been to.

Working with a Cherokee woman of the old ways (Grandmother Parisha) for two decades, I was taught to call on all of nature for assistance. So before I started my journey I called to the winged ones to assist me.

While driving the freeway I saw a hawk over the median strip about 1 1/2 miles away. I slowed down as I was driving about 80 to 85. Sure enough, about 2 miles down and out of site was a police cruiser. That hawk saved my butt.

As I got closer to my destination I began to realize that I had no idea how I was going to find my contact, an Amish man who is well-known for his healing expertise using Reflexology. I often travel to study with people who can teach me various techniques and I had heard about him from some of my patients. He lived in a remote area in central Ohio. Remote was not the word. Some of the roads looked like shallow lanes or footpaths. Back in 1999 I hadn't even heard the term GPS so I was on my own.

After exiting the hiway the 'roads' in among the hills and farmland were marked by hand-made signs that could be overlooked because one is not used to seeing roadsigns stuck in the ground.

I renewed my request for assistance.

As I was traveling a bit more slowly and trying to follow the directions I saw a flock of birds on my left that flew directly across the road to the right. As I got to where the birds had been I saw a road sign that I would have surely missed had the birds not alerted me to it. It was the road I was looking for in the directions. Could it be possible that the birds were assisting me? Hmmm.

I turned right on the road and drove for about a mile, again questioning if I was headed in the direction I was supposed to go. At once, a bird flew right in front of my car and straight down the road I was on. It just flew, as if leading me, saying 'follow me!' I trusted that what was happening was real, so I followed.

Somewhere up ahead, a car turned in front of me going very slowly. I was a little miffed because I had been making good time and now this person was slowing me down. It wasn't until he turned, very s.l.o.w.l.y. that I saw the 'road sign' on my right, stuck in the dirt. It was the road I was supposed to turn onto that was on the directions in my hand. Had I been going faster I would have flown right by it without seeing it.

The car turned off and I was once again alone on the road. "Where to now?" I questioned. Once again, a winged one appeared across my path to the right. I slowed down. It was the address I was looking for.

I had arrived. Both physically and with a sense of knowing I was never alone. I had been assisted to my destination by the feathered beings. Thanking Grandmother Parisha for having taught me to trust the all that is, I enjoyed my day.

Note: About 2 months later a friend accompanied me to the Amish healer. When we got to the 'lane' that was the first road, once again a flock of birds alerted and assisted us to find the obscure path. When he saw the birds fly across the road he said, "if I hadn't seen it I never would have believed it."

No comments:

Post a Comment