Monday, August 16, 2010

Healing Genetic Bonds

Having been through divorce it was interesting to feel emotions that were attached to the solar plexus.  I'm talking literal here.  There was a point during my divorce that I 'felt' emotional attachments at the solar plexus and at the time I didn't know how to sever those attachments.  I remember wishing I had a knife that I could just cut through them.

I later learned that was exactly what I could have done.

Emotional attachments keep us tethered to family through our genetic bonds.  This means we may 'inherit' emotional and physical problems, genetically.  Working with my medicine teacher, Grandmother Parisha, I learned how to sever genetic bonds with a tool used to cut through invisible bonds at the solar plexus.  How much easier would my divorce have been had I known this information during that experience?  I guess I'll never know.

During the class Grandmother's students all went to work both in water (an inland lake) and on tables where we practiced the procedure on each other.

When my turn came to have my gentic bonds severed the tool being used was moved over my solar plexus.  As it did, I felt my invisible cords spring back to my body, somewhat akin to a strong, flexible wire being cut with a wire-cutter and bouncing back after being pulled and severed.  A feeling I'll never forget.  Although I couldn't see the cords, I felt them and that was enough for me.

When my cords had been severed, Grandmother Parisha looked at me and, seeing energy, said, "There was much to cut away on you, Merida".  I felt as though a very heavy load had been lifted off of me emotionally and physically.  I always believed I had made an unspoken agreement with my mother to help lift her emotional troubles.  Many of us do that without even knowing it on a conscious level.  We see a parent suffering and we want so badly to help them that we take on their emotional and physical problems.  Then we wonder why we experience the same 'family' diseases and illnesses. 

In my healing work I have witnessed several people who have willingly taken on the emotional stresses of their mothers (usually) or parent, and made those same stresses theirs.  When they could finally see what they had done, they were able to come to an agreement with their parent and consciously say, "this is not mine, I no longer wish to carry it for you", thereby breaking the agreement.  Once that agreement was broken, the person carrying the emotional baggage, or in some cases the physical ailment, was able to live life without the added encumbrance of someone else's troubles.  Life became easier for them  There is much research to suggest that emotions are the cause of physical ailments.  Once the emotions are cleared, the physical ailment disappears. 

Of course, there are people who feel they are strong enough to carry more than their share and continue to help a loved one in any way they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment