Monday, August 16, 2010

Healing With Foods

Natural Healing


I’ve found through the years that there are times when massage and chiropractics aren’t enough to alleviate certain discomfort or pain. When this is the case I look to problems within the organ systems which may be weak.

I recently journeyed down to another State to work with a doctor with a large practice. He taught me many things, one of which was this: when there is pain in the lower back and extremities you want to address the kidneys and the adrenals. Then he showed me a simple way to do that with food.

I give this information to people who have problems with pain that won’t respond to massage and chiropractics. I am often amazed at the responses I get. “I’ve been using the treatment and my feet felt better in practically no time at all”. Another said, “I can move my legs so much better, I can’t believe how this works.”

In trying this for myself this is what happened: I find that for a whole week I’m limping because my right foot hurts. Specifically, the area called the ball, just under the big toe. I can’t walk on it. It took me a whole week to notice and then one day I simply had the time to notice and I’m weirded out because it took me so long to address it. It started with pain into my right heel and ankle, again, something I paid very little attention to but made note of it. Well, that simple discomfort moved into my whole foot.

I remembered the remedy for the kidneys and the adrenals and ran a self-test using kinesiology. My left kidney and adrenal were weak. My right kidney and adrenal were ok. I then took the recommended remedy and waited to see how long it would take for me to feel something.

Within about 25 minutes my right ankle felt as though it were opening up, the feeling being that it was relaxing. Within that same amount of time my whole foot felt as though it had been released and the pain that caused me to ‘limp’ totally disappeared.

I knew that I was on to something here.

I’m often amazed at how the body responds to things we have in our cupboard or pantry. I’ve always used herbs and certain plants to work with healing and I’m always looking and open to other remedies. There are so many foods that heal and it is useful to know what they are. I remember simmering a certain stem that worked to alleviate my sinus problems. I’ve used something everyone throws away to help bladder issues.

The remedies I used for bringing my foot out of pain were in my refrigerator and pantry. Just learning a few simple ways to work with certain foods can save years of pain and discomfort. Of course, one should always rely on their doctor for advanced pain or pain that doesn’t go away, however, to learn about foods that heal is always a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment