Monday, April 4, 2011

Silent Nights

People have been talking about it for years and now we’re seeing the effects of not living in harmony with the earth. The biggest events of the millennium have already happened and are happening and we sit here helpless as we watch the effects of our actions destroying life in and around water, along with the water itself.




What’s it going to take to stop the madness?



The other ‘event’ taking place is Monsanto’s assault on the food supply. Crossing DNA of insects and fish with the DNA of plants; something called GMO. Genetically Modified Organisms.



A few years ago I had a “Bug” company come to spray around the house for ants. The big black ants that are the same as having termites. The ants rained down out of the garage, dead. Problem fixed. We kept the “Bug” company for a few years. They would come to spray twice a year and we didn’t think much about it or how it would affect the area around us. A few years passed and then one night, instead of the cacophony of night sounds that lull me to sleep, there was complete and total silence. No insects humming. No frogs croaking. Complete silence.



I just about went crazy. I live for the summer night sounds.



I ‘journeyed’ to find out what had happened to my beloved frogs. When I entered their domain in the other world the frogs had their backs to me. I was desperate and filled with sorrow. I couldn’t imagine what I had done to make the frogs so angry. I poured out my heart to them and told them I was so sorry for hurting them. I love the sounds of the frogs all around. I am never happier than in the Spring when I first hear the awakening of nature and the rebirth of the mother after the long winter.



As I spoke to them, one by one, the frogs began to face me and then they were all around me and then they were all over me. I thought they would never forgive me, but they did. Relief and joy filled me. I waited for them to come back immediately but it actually took about 2 years for them to repopulate the area around my house. Now the night sounds are back and all is as it should be. The frogs and all the other insects and creatures are safe and happy and sing their joy. At night I am once again carried into journeying by the voices of the natural world.



So no matter what, I won’t spray deadly poison around the house outside or the grass for fear of driving the frogs out of my life again, or the crickets and don’t forget the bees. People wonder what has happened to the bees. They are the first sign of a world out of balance. I’ve been seeing more and more bees the last few years and I intend to keep it that way.



I’ll find more natural methods to deal with home invasions of insects and keep my area free of deadly chemicals that eradicate the natural world. I am not helpless. I am discerning. I make choices that make a difference.

"Come my beloved children and let me tell you a beautiful story."  Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment