Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dichotomy of Worlds

"I am always doing things I cannot do - that's how I get to do them!" Pablo Picasso

Saw this quote on Emma Eker's twitter and loved it so I wanted to share it.

I'm feeling restless and think that it must be Spring moving in my blood.  I'm being challenged these days and a few days ago I felt I was losing control so I took a Bach Flower remedy to get over the feeling and now I'm back to normal.  Funny how flower essences can bring you back from the edge in seconds.   

Life has been good and I give great appreciation for all of my experiences.  This lifetime has been about healing body, mind, spirit and emotions as well as relationships.  The term "healer, heal thyself" has applied to everything and I believe the dichotomy of worlds moving along in time/space continuum has application here.  What I mean by that is that while Western Medicine grows powerful through the media and grants and money, there is a mindfulness growing along side it that speaks of natural healing and how effective it is, although not being allowed into media unless it is through the pharmaceutical companies.  How many ads do you see about natural products on television that are not regulated or owned by the drug companies?   Ever wonder why?  Could it be that the drug companies are losing out on a lot of money?  Something to consider.

What drew my attention to the control that the media has over us became apparent one morning.  A friend called to make me aware of a news show where mutual interests would be highlighted.  I tuned into the show only to be disappointed when, at the moment the man was going to speak of Iridology and how it was used, the broadcast went to a 20 second commercial.  When the commercial ended the scene went to the people in the newsroom, all looking like deer in the headlights.  All evidence of the natural healer and his Iridology charts had disappeared.  Someone didn't want you or me to know about Iridology.  I wrote a letter expressing my outrage to the news show.

Before our eyes, literally, the natural ways are being erased from the consciousness of the people who appear to pay no attention and give it no mind except for a few who are aware of what is happening.  Yet, often people call or write expressing a desire to learn more about natural healing because they are aware that drugs aren't what are needed.  They want to know how to go about healing naturally but feel overwhelmed at the amount of information needed for that to happen.

For that purpose I have begun to teach natural health and healing in a fun and relaxed atmosphere through what I call "Learning Spa" days or events.  Through a Learning Spa you can learn about natural ways to treat common colds, flu, aches, pains, infections, etc., with natural essences, oils, massage, Reflexology.  Amazing how many natural remedies are in our possession that we don't know about. 

The thing is, you don't have to have a prescription for every malady that crosses your path.  The only reason you are sick is because you think you have to be a victim of a virus/bacteria/fungus/parasite.  In my early years as a student of natural health, I thought I had to be sick, too.  Then something told me I didn't have to be sick and I gave myself permisson to take more control of my own health.  If you knew that there was something that would give you more power over a cold or a flu than you think you have and that you could exert that power over that virus in an instant, saving you down time, time out of work and time out of your daily lives, would you want to have that information and take more control?  It's up to you.  The only reason you are sick is because you don't know how not to be.

"The World won't end, it will be transformed."  Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment