Friday, March 4, 2011

Most Popular Sayings

Have so much to do today just don't know where to begin.  Make a list and check it off.  Things get done with lists.  No matter what, always take time to read or listen to something that is inspirational.  Only takes about 10 minutes to do and you have a quick pick me up if you need it.

Recently, I purchased a book from Borders called "The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said", selected and compiled by Robert Byrne.  Of course it is a matter of opinion of who said what best.  But a lot of the sayings are entertaining, at best.  Here are a few sayings from the book, perhaps you would like to judge for yourself if they're the best things anybody has ever said.

"I never did give anybody hell.  I just told the truth and they thought it was hell"  Harry S. Truman

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you"  C. G. Jung

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"  Erma Bombeck

"I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here" Stephen Bishop song title

"I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch"  Gilda Radner

and

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"
                                                                                                                       General George Patton

Well, there you have it.  Some of the "best things anybody ever said". 

Perhaps the book title should read, "most popular" in the title.

Oh, well.  I guess some of them are really funny and they deal so well with life.  I come from a different ilk when I think of the best that anyone has ever said.  I like to hear what Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha says (one of my favorites is "If you're going to be a bitch, be the best bitch you can be") and the Dalai Lama: (one of my favorites is: Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly) and Padmasambhava the Lotus Born Buddha because they inspire and make me want to be a better person and do more with life.

Maybe I should write a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment