Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Manifestation

Many years ago while taking a college psych course, the instructor asked that we think about ourselves and write down three sentences that describe who we thought we were, then asked everyone to tell what we had written.
I had written down something I'd read many years ago, because it described hu-man so well.
The three things were:
I am all that I have ever been
I am all that I can be
I am - becoming

When I decided to manifest a different lifestyle I was in my forties.  I had been in secretarial work since I was 17 years of age.  I knew that I was no longer anyone's secretary because I needed my own secretary.  Clearly, I had grown.  So, while working full time I decided I would go back to school for massage therapy training.  When I let it be known what I wanted to do, suddenly my world was full of opposition. 

"You won't make any money"
"Stay in your job, it's safer"
"What will you do for health benefits?"
"You'll never use it"
Were just a few of the comments that came at me from different sources, including my dad who had worked hard all his life.  I knew he meant well, and that he wanted what was best for me, but he had never stepped outside of a 'job' and into his own creativity.

I remember just looking at the people that directed their negative comments at me, knowing I would rise above it all because I absolutely and with intent and focus knew that I wanted to change my life.  There was absolutely no one that could stop me from doing what I wanted at this point in my life.  And, indeed, no one would.

So I began school, which, after graduating high school and some college courses, nothing serious, was quite a challenge.  Most days I remember thinking one thing in particular, "WTF am I doing here!!!???

But nothing would change my resolve.  I gave up a social life of any kind for two years and poured over physiology and anatomy books.  No more working for anyone else.  No one telling me my job may not be there next year.  No one telling me I had to punch a time clock.  No one telling me when I could have a vacation.  No one telling me how much money I could make.  I only looked at the end result.

I remember Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha saying that no one could put a worth on anyone else's life.  If a person wanted to ask for a certain amount of money for themselves, how could anyone say they weren't worth that much? 

I wanted to set my own hourly rate and decide my own worth.  A person's self-worth depends on how big their thoughts are or can become.  My self-worth thoughts took time to grow but they are definitely growing.

After graduating massage school I wrote an article that appeared in the local paper and immediately had 30 people every week for months on end.  Talk about manifestation!  I quit my day job and immediately opened shop and have had a wealth of clientele ever since.  I had found my calling.  My life changed.  I intently focused what I wanted and got it.  Yayyyy!

Now my thoughts are that I want a whole lot of money but don't want to work hard for it.  I do believe I'm growing once again and age can't be a factor in growth.  As Rumi says, "Lovers don't finally meet somewhere, they exist in each other all along".  Well, if lovers exist within each other, then certainly good fortune and wealth exist in us all along, also. 

I'm counting on it.  I intend it.  I expect it to be so.  And so it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment